Mango 802.11 MAC/PHY - FPGA Design
Our reference FPGA Design integrates our 802.11 IP cores, MicroBlaze CPUs and peripheral interfaces. The FPGA Design is ready for immediate use on reference hardware platforms. The design can also be ported to custom hardware.
The FPGA Design is implemented as a Xilinx Vivado IP Integrator (IPI) block diagram. The IPI design integrates:
- Mango 802.11 PHY Tx, PHY Rx and MAC support cores
- Radio control/interface core
- Two Xilinx MicroBlaze 32-bit CPUs running MAC software
- Mailbox and mutex for inter-processor communication
- Ethernet MACs and DMAs for wired/wireless bridging and control plane interfaces
- Dev board peripheral controllers (UART, user I/O, etc.)
Reference Hardware Platform
Our current reference hardware is the Analog Devices RFSOM platform:
- ADRV9361 SDR module - RF System-on-Module with AD9361 transceiver and Xilinx Zynq 7Z035 processor
- ADRV1CRR-FMC FMC carrier - dev board which powers the ADRV9361 module and provides provides peripherals and connectivity
- AD-PZSDR2400TDD-EB module* - PA/LNA module for FMC carrier, improves Tx power and Rx sensitivity
*Optional - the design works with or without this module and adapts Tx/Rx settings automatically when the module is installed.
We’re ready to work with customers to target other hardware platforms. Please contact us if you're interested.